Trademark is a visual symbol or logo used to indicate the source of the products or goods. The symbol or logo can be a word, signature, number, geometrical figure, monogram, a combination of words and numerical, a combination of colours with a logo, or it can even be a sound mark.
Some of the key benefits of registering a trademark include:
- The trade mark owner has the right to prevent others from using a similar or identical mark without his permission once the trade mark is registered.
- Generates a rightful perception among public about the authentic ownership and quality of the product.
- Prevents others to copy and use the trademark as the owner of a registered trademark can sue and collect damages from organizations that infringe upon the trademark.
- A trademark registration decreases the likelihood of another party claiming that your trademark infringes upon their trademark.
- Gives owner the right to use ® symbol.
- It provides due warning to interested parties who wish to file a similar or identical trade mark since the Singapore trademark office will refuse to register any confusingly similar marks. In addition, your mark will appear on the local Trade Marks Register when businesses contemplate adopting a mark that is similar to yours.
Trademark Registration In India
Investing your time and money to build a particular brand and seeing the same brand name being used by another, burgling you of your hard-earned brand name is not an agreeable state of affairs. Multiple a time, trademark (TM) proprietors end up in to make longer case because when the time was right, they did not do trademark registration in India of their brand name.
- Trademark Guest
Multiple entrepreneurs do not comprehend the significance of a TM guest. Having a unique brand name in mind is not good enough reason to avoid a TM guest. TM guest helps you to know if there are related trademarks available and it gives you a fair picture of where your trademark stands, on some occasions and also gives you a notice of the possibility of trademark action.
- Filing Trademark Application
After you are sure that your chosen brand name symbol is not listed in the Trademark Registry India, you can resolve for registering the same. The first step is to file a trademark employment and at the Trademark Registry India. At the present time paper mainly done online. Once the exercise is filled an authorized bill is right off and issued for future reference.
After a trademark employment is filed, it is examined by the observer for any difference. The examination might take around 12-18 months. The observer might accept the trademark absolutely, conditionally or object even so accepted unconditionally, the trademark gets published in the Trademark Journal. If not accepted unconditionally, the conditions to be fulfilled or the challenges would be mentioned in the examination report and a month’s time would be given to fulfill the conditions or response to the challenges.
The step of publication is incorporated in the trademark registry process so that anyone who objects to the registering of the trademark has the chance to oppose the same. If, after 3-4 months from publication there is no opposition, the trademark proceeds for registry. In case there is opposition; there is a fair sound and decision are given by the Registrar.
- Registration Certificate
Once the employment proceeds for trademark registry, following publication in Trademark Journal, a registry enrollment under the seal of the Trademark Office is issued.